Not just Holistic, but how to use E: All of the Above!

I made this blog because I did tons of research on success stories and research worldwide and used it on my dog with nasal cancer named Lucy. So, now my hobby is molecular biology. The treatment uses combination of health store supplements, some prescription meds, diet changes, and specific Ayurvedic and Chinese medicinal herbs. I just wanted her to have a better quality of life. I thought this combination of E: All the Above (except no radiation or chemo and surgery for this cancer was not an option) would help that for sure, but it actually put her bleeding nasal cancer in remission!
My approach to cancer is about treating the whole animals biologic system. But I do hate the word 'Holistic'. Sounds like hoo hoo. This is science based, research based data and results of using active herbal compounds that happen to be readily available and common. Some call it Nutriceuticals. Others may call it Orthomolecular cancer therapy. Or Cancer Immunotherapy.
I FEEL DIVERSITY IN TREATMENT IS KEY:
-Slow cancer cell reproduction
-Make cancer cells become easier targets for the immune system
-Kill the cancer cells
-Rid the cancer cells
-Remove the toxins it produces
- Stimulate and Modulate the immune system
-Control secondary symptoms like bleeding, infection, inflammation, mucous, appetite, or pain for a better feeling animal
-Working with your vet for exams and prescriptions that are sometimes needed when conditions are acute.
Just by using a multi-modal treatment approach that is as diverse in attack as possible. Both conventional and natural.
The body conditions that allowed it to develop in the first place must be corrected. If caught early enough, like with Lucy, this ongoing maintenance correctional treatment is all that was required at this point to achieve, so far, more than 10 TIMES the life expectancy given (more than 60 months) after diagnosis WITH remission. I did not use radiation or chemotherapy or surgery.
I hope this cancer research can help your dog as well.

My Lucy

My Lucy
In Loving Memory my Lucy December 2016
CURRENT STATUS - It was for more than 5 YEARS after Lucy was diagnosed by biopsy in March 2011 with nasal cancer that she lived. And she was in remission for 4 of 5 years using no radiation or chemo! Now multiply that by 7 to be 35 years extended!! She was 12.5 years old - equivalent to almost 90 human years old. She ended her watch December 1, 2016. I miss her so much.

September 28, 2012

What to Do Before Rover's Vet Bill Hits $15,000


What to Do Before Rover's Vet Bill Hits $16,000

According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, veterinary costs have increased an average of 79% from 2000 to 2010. Rising operating costs are to blame, but so is the quality of care that is now available.

What would you do if faced with a $15,000 veterinary bill for a pet you love as much as a child?

While most financial planners would advise against borrowing funds from savings, retirement or equity accounts to pay a vet bill, every case is different.

"For some people, their pets are their lives, they are their children, a part of the family, I would ask them if it would give them a better return on their life if they extended that of their pets. If a pet brings extreme happiness to an elderly person and they can extend that pet's life by five years and maybe that five years could be a big portion of that person's remaining life, then I would definitely advise them to do it," he adds.

Once that question is answered, list your financial goals in rank of importance and that's where they would determine from which account to withdraw the funds.

Where to find Fido's medical fund
Many have used a variety of sources to pay the vet bills thus far. Some might have a basic pet insurance policy, which is usually maxed out at $3,000 in benefits. The remainder was drained from her emergency fund, as well as placed on a low rate credit card. So far, she says, she has been able to pay the bills as they come due.

There are financing options most veterinarians offer through their office, such as CareCredit or Citi Health Card. "They offered one year, no interest and you can figure out how much you need to pay each month to pay it off," . That is key to these programs, or you could be slammed with high residual interest at the end of the loan.

Knowing when to stopIf a beloved pet needs long-term care that requires ongoing expenses, this is when it becomes a really tough decision.
"Even $2,000 in treatments can be [too much for] some people's entire budget for a year. That's when we slip into quality of life mode, really a hospice model that will not attempt to cure, but will keep the pet comfortable, happy and eating for as long as possible. It circumvents the $15,000 bill and the emotional decision."

Ask yourself two questions:
  • What happens with my pet if I continue to do this?
  • What are the consequences for me if I continue spending the money?
  • Faced with the possibility of bills upwards of $400 every three weeks for chemotherapy injections or $6000 on radiation plus all the other vet fees, some may come to the painful conclusion that they just may not be able to afford to continue treatment.

  • "I don't think maxing out your credit and getting more is the answer. If you don't use credit in a strategic way, it can ruin you."
    While many remain optimistic about the pets recovery, you also need to be trying to be realistic. "I do worry about making that decision and my ability to recover from that decision. It would be different if she were old and sick with no treatment options. That is a different thing than making the decision based on finances."

    Tips for dealing with your vet
  • Consider a Plan B:
  • When bringing in a sick pet, vets will typically offer the Plan A treatment plan. If the client indicates they cannot afford all of the tests and treatment options, some vets, if you simply ask them, can tailor the plan to fit the client's budget. Many say they can still typically offer therapy without compromising quality of care. Work with a holistic vet as well. 
  • Negotiate: Ask your vet to price match other vets in the area.



  • I couldn't afford very much for Lucy. It nearly killed me agonizing over what was the best compromise in this situation. That's part of the reason I researched all alternative treatment routes I did.
     I don't spend that much and Lucy is still in remission after a year. I hope I am as lucky with your dog going my route as I am with Lucy's cancer if you choose it.